Wednesday, April 6, 2011

It's Not Really the Flu

My dear, sweet Boudreaux had to go to Vegas last week for a business conference - and I DO mean had.  Poor thing really doesn't enjoy it very much.  He's the sort who'd like to actually learn something if he's going to a class.  A teacher's dream.

I collect snow globes and Boo generally brings me one when he has to travel the world without me.  This time, however, as he went through check-in at the airport, the TSA agent asked him about the container of liquid in his backpack.  It took Boo a minute to put two and two together, but pretty soon he realized it was the snow globe that was causing the fuss.  He had a decision to make.  He could get out of line, go back to the concourse, and mail the globe home OR he could toss it in the trash.  If this had been an antique globe that I'd been searching for all of my life, this may have required some thought.  A sparkley MGM Grand lion's head, however, can be replaced.

Not long after Boo got home, it became apparent that he'd brought something else home from Vegas...a virus.  A vile, virulent virus - nausea, diarrhea, headache, stomach cramps, chills, fever.  He seemed to bounce back pretty quickly, but I'm working on day 5.  Bummer.  My head hurt so bad that I went through a bottle of last year's cough syrup w/ codeine.

I miss sick days.  Not days when I'm actually sick, but days when I can get sick and still get paid.  That's not the case when one is in the "self-employed" category.  No worky - No money.  This is definitely a down side to life in the retirement lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment