Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Welcome to the mean streets of Stratford Hills, Mr. President

A lot of folks had a lot to say about President Obama's dropping by our rec center today.  Several were fairly unkind.

When I was in the first grade, I SOOO wanted Nixon to beat Kennedy.  My mom  (nice person) was a Republican.  My dad (a not-so-nice person) was a Democrat.  This was just one way of trying to annoy him.

When Nixon lost, I was distraught.. I mean crying bitterly distraught.   My mother took me aside and said, "Mr Kennedy is our president now.  We have to respect him."  That was that.  Once you're the President, the politics are over - or should be.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if folks, politicians and normal people, lived like this nowadays?  No political affiliation until the 6 weeks before the election would be nice.

I'd vote for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment