Monday, September 13, 2010

Retirement.

Retirement.


I never thought I'd be here this soon. "Rather wear out than rust out"  Life, however, has its interesting little twists and turns.  A middle-aged woman with myasthenia gravis (google it) just can't manage a classroom full of energetic high school freshmen.


So, officially, I'm on disability retirement.  It took 2 years to convince the Virginia Retirement Service that I was, in fact, too disabled to wrangle 9th graders.  Now VRS is making me file for Social Security disability so that they won't have to pay out as much.  More papers to file... More waiting.


So, in the midst of my first year of retirement, I have....

  1. started re-tiling the bathroom...
  2. started 3 books
  3. started reorganizing the house
  4. started (apparently) a blog
Notice that I've not finished anything... except today's blog

No comments:

Post a Comment