Monday, September 13, 2010

There are two kinds of people in the world...

I've always thought of myself as being open.. nonjudgmental...accepting of all...
Hogwash.
I realize now that I divide the world into two groups of people:  those who know the difference between your and you're, and those who do not.

I just sent an e-mail to a group of folks.  I re-read it, AFTER I'd sent it.

There it was.
In black and white
 "...you're brain is functioning"

I immediately sent out a retraction.  Surely people wouldn't put me in the "don't know" group, but I had to be positive.

My fear told the tale.  I didn't want to be one of them.  


Now I feel like I need to send apologies to all the other people whom I've put in the "don't know" group.  Maybe.... just maybe.... they, too, had made a mistake.

I think that this lesson may have long-reaching consequences.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment